Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2nd Talk To The Hand That Strengthens

It was 2002, everything was about to change for the good I thought. I had everything mapped out. I was going to buy the new 2003 BMW 740 edition. I had seen it at the 2002 car show. It was $67,000. I didn’t care because I was going to be free of all bills. I didn’t have a care in the world. No marital problems, no children problems and no health problems until everything hit the fan. Everything that was ok became major problem situations overnight. I felt like Job. The occurrence of these events sent me into uncharted territory and I was either going to sink or swim. Well, I chose to swim. Thank God for Christian television. I started watching TBN every chance I got. I started going to prayer meetings at the church every week. I started reading my Bible with seriousness because I seriously needed to hear from God to know how to handle these situations and it happened. One day as I was looking and listening for revelation, I was told that I had to take my prayer life to another level. I needed to find a set time and place to spend time with God for an hour. This is what I did because I believed God was ready for me to do His will and not mine anymore. My assignment wasn’t going to be birth over night. I had to go through the process. Everything that I knew had to be tested. Just like Job was strengthen and increased in the end, I too am strengthened and increased. I realized that when I was weak that is really when I became strong. When I didn’t know what to do, I asked him to do what he knew to do; when I couldn’t see my way out, I asked him to lead the way and when it looked like all hope was lost, I asked him to give me the victory. I read about Jesus being the source of my strength and heard others talk about him being the source of their strength and now that I had been tried by the situations that I encountered, I can now say that I have experienced God’s strength. If you were to ask anyone who I am close to one thing about me, they would say that I am a strong woman. This strength didn’t come easy for me. We all have a cross to bear, Jesus did and you will too. I believe that this is why this scripture is in the Bible “when I am weak, that’s when I’m strong”. When we are confronted with situations that try to tell us we are weak, we have to tap into the lion of Judah that is within us which is Christ our Saviour. I pray that as you turn to God through hearing from the man or woman of God, reading and meditating on God’s word and praying to God for His will to be done, strength will come to you and as you are strengthened, you will be able to minister strength to the harvest of souls who are weak and need strength.

“Mental and moral strength from the Lord will rid you of any discord, now keep your mind on God and on one accord.”


http://createaprayerpillow.com
Read,Pray,Know,Then Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment