Saturday, May 1, 2010

Talk To The Hand That Answer Prayers

I remember the first time I was invited to prayer meeting as if it was just yesterday. I went about my day in anticipation of God moving in our midst. I had never been to a prayer meeting in a church setting but I just knew deep down inside that what I was told about prayer was true – there is power in prayer. I went to the prayer meeting which lasted an hour. We started out praying together and then we disbursed and began to pray individually. It was a wonderful experience to me. I began to see a change in my attitude towards the situations I was dealing with. I had peace and knew that everything was going to be all right. I felt like Cornelius did in the Book of Acts as he received the fruit of his prayers that went up before God. But as I continued to go to prayer meetings on a regular basis, I began to wonder why less than 1% of the congregation would attend prayer meetings. Maybe they don’t know that there is power in prayer or maybe their prayers didn’t get answered the way they wanted them to. But regardless to what the reason was and may be today, I am here to challenge you to discipline yourself and show up to prayer meeting to pray for the harvest of souls that don’t know that God answers prayers and watch God move on situations that most think are impossible. Take time to meditate on the following scriptures and get excited about the fact that you are preparing yourself to pull down strongholds, open blinded eyes, loose those who are shackled and bound by the enemy. Don’t worry about what is happening in the natural because what happens through prayer is supernatural. That’s what makes it such a powerful weapon. If you’ve ever had your prayers answered, you know what I’m talking about. If not, I challenge you to walk in faith and believe that God answers the fervent prayers of the righteous. Don’t stop praying until you get an answer. Be like Jacob and let God know, that you won’t stop praying until He blesses you with answered prayers. After all, we do have a cloud of witnesses that have gone on before us that is cheering us on. I believe that because of the prayers of other intercessors, you are able to testify about how God brought you out. Oh you didn’t realize that this is the reason why you were able to send 5 kids to college with only one income and no child support or this is how you didn’t have any major health problems since you weren’t able to afford insurance, or this is how you were able to get the job that paid enough for you to get all of your needs taken care of. Now get excited about attending prayer meeting as you realize that you are apart of the body who is ushering in the presence of the Holy Spirit into every situation imaginable on the behalf of others. If you don’t know what to pray for, just get bold enough and ask at least 10 people each day if they have something that they need you to be in agreement with them on through prayer and watch God work miracles, signs and wonders.

“As you find a time and place to pray for all of your questions and concerns, Jesus does answer prayers is what you will learn.”

If you want to kneel and pray, please purchase a pillow at
http://createaprayerpillow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment