Thursday, September 2, 2010

Talk To The Hand That Forgives Sins

This month I want to concentrate on scriptures pertaining to forgiveness of sins. As you utilize your kneeling prayer pillow, confess your sins to God, repent and be renewed in your mind. Here is a story about how I got to know for myself that God forgive sins.

When I first got married, I married a football player. The reason I married him was because of his love for God. His life was so disciplined. He would get up every morning at 5 a.m. and light a candle and begin to pray and meditate. After he did that for an hour, he would read the Bible. He then would write down a scripture to carry around in his pocket to meditate on and memorize as he went about his day. He would also read self help books such as “The Power of Positive Thinking”. To me, he was the ideal man since I believed that he loved the Lord just as much as I did or even more. Any time there was a major thing for us to accomplish, he would designate a certain time for us to pray together on the matter. Without a doubt, God answered our prayers and the thing that we believed God for came to pass. Well, some kind of way the devil crept into my husband. I still have that image in my head from the day that I opened up the closet door and saw him sitting in it with a pipe, a coke can and a lighter. At the time, I didn’t understand it because I had never witnessed anything like this before because I spent 4 out of 7 days a week in church. That was the beginning of the end. We went to counseling sessions several times over a 7 year period and eventually we ended up getting a divorce. To me, this was the worst thing that I could have done in life. I know that there was no such thing as big sins and little sins, but to me, I committed the biggest sin that I could have ever done. Not that I hadn’t done any other things but to me this was the sin that couldn’t be forgiven. I know that there are others who have the same concept themselves. It may not be divorce but it could be adultery, stealing or fornication just to name a few. Whatever it is, there is forgiveness. I found this out once I spent some one on one time with the Lord. During my time of fellowship and meditation, I thought about how Peter did what he may have thought was the worst thing that he could have done as he denied the Lord three times. It wasn’t until Jesus came back from the dead with a word of instruction for Peter that he realized that he was forgiven and also still could be used by God to continue his plan for the lost. God finishes what He starts and just as he let Peter know that there was work for him to do, he is not through with me or you either. It is very crucial that we know that we cannot let what Jesus did on the cross at Calvary be in vain. As we ask Him daily for forgiveness of sins, we are to accept his grace and mercy and continue to pray for the harvest of souls who need forgiveness of their sins also.

“His blood was shed in love and love covers a multitude of sin, let’s not take Him to the cross again.”

Read,Pray,Know,Then Go!
http://createaprayerpillow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment